When you first log into Spider Impact you see the Welcome screen in the Home section.
This gives you a quick overview of your most important information.
- The welcome message can be edited by an administrator and can contain a logo and videos.
- You'll see your most recent alerts here. There's also a link that takes you to the alerts page that we discuss next.
- You can see the number of KPIs you own and update, as well as any tasks that are assigned to you. Clicking on one of these rows will take you to that page described below.
- This help link defaults to sending requests to Spider Strategies, but administrators can change it to send help requests to any email.
The Alerts section shows you all of the alerts you've received.
On the KPI Updates page you can update all of the KPIs that you have been assigned to as an Updater.
There are a few extra controls on this page to make it easier to update large numbers of KPIs.
- The filter control allows you to filter by organization as well as KPI calendar period.
- You can upload a spreadsheet with KPI values rather than typing in the values by hand.
This shows you all of the KPIs that you have been assigned to as an Owner.
On the top of the page is a summary of how many KPIs you have of each color. You can click on each summary box to only show KPIs of that color.
My Tasks is similar to My KPIs, except it shows you all of the tasks from the Initiatives section that you're an owner of.
The “Require Owner Approval For KPI Value Updates” application configuration setting defaults to off.
When enabled, all updates to KPIs that have owners will go into an approval queue. KPI owners will receive an alert that they have values to approve, and they can visit the Approve KPIs screen in the Home section to do this.
You can approve or reject all pending updates in your queue by clicking on one of the “all” buttons on the top of the list and then clicking Save.
You can also select individual updates to be approved or rejected.
If a KPI has no owners, or if its only owner is the person who updated the KPI with a new value, the update will not go into the approval queue and will instead appear immediately.